Software Engineer, Ads Optimization at Reddit (Remote)
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active uniques, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We’re evolving and continuing our mission to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Providing a delightful and relevant experience to our users applies to our Ads like all of our offerings, and we’re excited to build a product that is best-in-class for our users and advertisers. The year ahead is a busy one - join us!
The Advertiser Optimization team makes our advertising platform more efficient and easier to use. Whether it’s control theory for bidding automation, bayesian networks for smart ad rotation, or machine learning models for conversion optimization, we do whatever it takes to make our platform better for our customers. We’re a diverse team of statisticians, data scientists, and ads experts, and we want you to join us!
- Dive deep into our platform to spot opportunities for improvement. Apply mathematical sophistication to solve our customers’ problems.
- Own your work from conception and design to implementation and rollout.
- Research state of the art statistical and algorithmic techniques. Recognize promising innovations and adapt them to serve Reddit’s unique platform and community.
- Design, implement, and maintain reliable high performance distributed systems.
- We hire for mathematical and computer science fundamentals, and teach you the rest. Previous experience with online advertising is not required.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative major (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science). Master’s or PhD is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and programming languages (Python, SQL)
- 4+ years experience in a relevant industry or academic setting, preferably in a quantitative/modeling or high-throughput computing environment.
- No prior experience in online advertising is required.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].