Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, US and Canada
Compensation Range: $120,000 - $150,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do:
Are you passionate about product quality? Do you have an eye for details and enjoy validating that software behaves as designed? We are looking for an experienced test engineer to join our Quality Assurance team. Our product roadmap is loaded with new and exciting features, and we need a team member to help ensure we build them with excellence! Come be part of a uniquely talented team and help us take our product to the next level.
- Design, build and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically
- Design, implement and maintain automated test suites and test environment
- Analyze product, system, and feature designs for flaws and improvements
- Increase our automated test coverage and improve our release quality and velocity
- Write and maintain documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, system functionality, and use cases
- Validate and verify the integration of platform systems, services, data, and applications
- Write clear and detailed bug reports when things break, and work with the team to identify and validate fixes
- Plan, design, build and maintain existing tools, frameworks, and related solutions.
What You Bring To The Team:
- 5+ years of experience developing software professionally
- Demonstrated ability to take high-level requirements, decompose them into discrete use-cases and write test plans and tests to validate functionality
- 2+ years of experience in programming in Python
- Experience with testing tools like RSpec, Capybara/Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose system problems
- Able to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent OR relevant professional experience
- Experience programing in Ruby on Rails, Go, or ObjectiveC is a plus but not necessary
- Experience with AWS or other cloud hosting providers is a plus, but not nec
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.