The Interactive Content team is responsible for building the hands-on experience for our learning platform. At Pluralsight our mission is to democratize technology and in order to do that successfully we have to tackle learning in a way that helps reinforce the knowledge acquired. The Environments team is part of Interactive Content and responsible for creating environments to help support our hands on experience product offerings. You'll be joining a team that works on a complex experience that impacts customers and the business in major ways.
Ways we work:
- Provide architectural, strategic, and scale recommendations for backend development
- Test-Driven Development - we take responsibility for our code without QA engineers
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day
- Kanban & Lean - no more backlog grooming, no more T-shirt size estimating
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Human Centered Design - involved engineers who participate in customer research through the design and implementation to ensure we are addressing our customer's needs
- Autonomous & responsible teams - Collaborate with Product Manager and Product Designer to better understand the customer, provide valuable input into project feasibility and timeline estimation, standards, layouts, navigational features, functional design, and usability
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want
- Trusting leaders - who trust us to create and don't impose deadlines or features
Experience you'll need:
- Cloud Infrastructure experience (Azure or AWS ideal)
- Experience with container applications (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with a cloud provider (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Understanding of relational databases, and other types of data stores a bonus
- Experience writing unit tests, participating in design discussions, data shape, and business logic
- Proven ability to work with multiple tech stacks simultaneously
- A foundational understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operations
- Passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to unlock the future
- Good communication skills, ability to partner with product and design, and collaborate on cross-functional teams
- A critical thinker who is experiment driven.
- An encouraging and engaged team member, able to express sophisticated information to a variety of consumers.
- Able to problem tackle independently or with a team and prioritize work based on anticipated business value.
- Able to distill sophisticated ideas into straight forward language.
- Kind-hearted and a good communicator
- Passionate about data, innovation, and using technology to create with possibility.
Working at Pluralsight
We don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our dedication to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, willingness to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.