Software Developer - Infrastructure at CGG (Houston, TX)
CGG is a pioneering Technology company providing fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. We deliver a unique range of technologies, services, and equipment designed to understand and address the world’s complex natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges.Job Description
CGG is a global leader in the fields of subsurface imaging and high-performance computing. Supporting the business is a diverse and constantly evolving challenge at petabyte scale to keep pace with the growth and trends in the industry. You would be involved in the design, implementation, roll-out and support of infrastructure systems, to enable 24/7 HPC.
As member of a highly visible team, the potential candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the business. As such, we are looking for an enthusiastic technologist, with a good appreciation of clean and efficient code, a keen eye on detail and who is motivated to work on a broad range of technologies in a wide range of business areas.
Become Part of our Team
Multiple across entry, mid and senior level roles
We are looking for creative and innovative individuals who are passionate about programming and developing technical knowledge to join our global research and development team. This team is responsible for developing and supporting software solutions for our diverse internal and external software & HPC users.
As an integral member of our global research and development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.
While the role is varied in tasks and responsibilities, a typical day for the team would include:
- Development of new software and tools using modern technologies both for long term projects and infrastructure improvement
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy services and apps
- Transforming software services to be cloud ready using techniques such as containerisation
- Improving internal and external information security
- Participation in design discussions with other teams across CGG
A successful candidate will be creative and innovative, with both strong communication and problem-solving skills. They will be reliable and conscientious giving great attention to detail, alongside having excellent analytical skills with a passion about programming and developing technical knowledge
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.Qualifications
Master's degree or higher in STEM (Ph.D. would be a plus). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Through formal education or self-learning, fluent in at least one of C/C++, Python, Go or Java, ideally based on a Linux platform.
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- Knowledge of software development best practices and the software development lifecycle
- Strong technical skills to develop, debug and optimize Micro Services based applications
- Development experience with containers, orchestration, and message driven applications
- Experience designing and implementing efficient algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of client-server application architecture, RPC programming (GRPC, Thrift)
- Knowledge in relational and NOSQL database technologies
- Experience with version control tools i.e. Git, and CI/CD
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in geoscience technology and subsurface imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of interesting problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- Hybrid work environment
- Competitive compensation with a monthly, performance-based bonus program
- Full health benefits and generous 401(k) employer-matching
- Onsite gym, fully stocked break rooms, table tennis and billiards tables, plus free catered lunches multiple times per week
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.