What you'll do:
- Work with product engineers to improve observability and operability of their production systems
- Improve, monitor and maintain our infrastructure
- Ensure site uptime and performance
- Work with engineers to improve tooling and infrastructure for automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Proactively prep and train developers on best practices
- Make strategic improvements to our application and infrastructure security
What you'll need to be successful:
- Experience building, deploying, and operating production software using continuous delivery
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Experience building and supporting cloud-based web infrastructure with AWS
- Docker experience (Kubernetes experience is a plus)
- Relational databases and queueing systems knowledge (we use MySQL, Redshift, Redis)
- Experience with application monitoring and alerting systems (we use Datadog)
- Understanding of web infrastructure: load balancing, high availability configurations, disaster recovery, DNS configuration, security best practices, etc.
- Comfortable writing, testing, and deploying Node.js applications (bonus for PHP)
- Strong communication skills – you’re a natural collaborator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to balance strategy and execution
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in shaping the direction of our infrastructure and developer processes long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.