Senior/Staff Frontend Engineer, Content & Communities at Reddit (Remote)
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Content and Communities team’s mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build features that encourage engagement and belonging, enabling smooth and effective community and content creation, applying a growth framework to activate new communities, equipping moderators with the tools they need to succeed. This team drives several key product metrics for the entire Reddit platform.
This is a high impact role where you will be involved in technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Participate with a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help mentor junior engineers on the team to grow their technical expertise.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- Experience with one or more front-end web frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular with experience with CSS.
- Experienced with GraphQL, REST, HTTP, Thrift basics, and the ability to design and implement maintainable APIs is a plus.
- Experienced with distributed caching layers, and distributed large scale data storage systems like Cassandra.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and to deliver projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You partner effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].