Senior Wi-Fi QA Engineer in Testing at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed!About the team:
You will join the MR firmware QA team that is fully embedded within Software Engineering. The QA team builds and runs any and all software and hardware tests to ensure that new releases meet our quality and reliability standards. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a Senior QA Wi-Fi engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business. Meraki engineers put customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions!Role responsibilities:
- Design and scale wireless testbed operations to test products and software before market launch
- Design test plans to support next-generation Wi-Fi products and features
- Support firmware engineers with test cases, understanding test results, reproducing and investigating bugs
- Work with third-party vendors to test bug fixes and new driver patches
- Collaborate with Functional and Release engineers on the QA team to plan release timelines for upcoming products and software releases
- Collaborate with Automation engineers to scale, improve and maintain testbed operations
- BS/MS in Computer Networking, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer networking
- Working knowledge of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Knowledge of 802.11 wireless standards, channels, and specs on 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz
- Experience in analyzing Wireshark packet captures (wired and wireless) to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Experience in creating and executing manual and system-level QA test plans
- Experience in analyzing system-level test results and identifying red flags within a test case
- Have effective communication skills and proven ability to collaborate with others
- CWNA or equivalent certification
- Experience in product performance testing or QA
- Experience in configuring wireless routers or access points
- Experience in working with Jenkins and Jira
Based in our sunny San Francisco office with stunning views of Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond, Meraki offers an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with gourmet snacks, cappuccino machines, daily catered lunches, and a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.