Socialive is an enterprise video creation & live streaming software company based in El Segundo, California. Our powerful yet intuitive platform makes it refreshingly easy to capture, create, and distribute video. We empower teams across the organization, including marketing, internal comms, and learning & development. And we're helping drive the video commerce revolution. Socialive customers include startups to the Fortune 100 – such as J.P. Morgan, Walmart, Pfizer, Adobe, and Audible. We're on a mission to radically simplify how the world makes video. Join us.
About our Team:
Our company culture is top priority and we strive to create an environment where all of our team members are empowered to do their best work. We’re proud of the collaborative culture we’ve built, even while working fully remote. We also understand that in order to be your best self you need time to relax and recharge. That’s why we encourage everyone at Socialive to take Mental Health Days each month, in addition to their PTO and our company-wide holiday shutdown.
With our distributed, remote-first team culture we’ve had the opportunity to incorporate diverse thoughts, values, and perspectives that have been critical to our growth. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is at the heart of Socialive’s success and we celebrate it in everything we do. Our mission is to be a leader in DEI and demonstrate what it truly means to be a place where all people can be bold and the best version of themselves.
Socialive is seeking a senior design engineer to lead our UI implementation strategy across the entire frontend engineering space. As a leader of our UI implementation, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with your teammates and cross-functional collaborators to build and deliver dynamic, engaging capabilities while maintaining a positive and collaborative remote work environment
- Mentoring and coaching frontend engineers to deliver delightful, responsive, and accessible experiences
- Working closely with designers to assess the feasibility and appropriateness of the design direction, iterating and refining the designs with both the end-user experience and the engineering implementation in mind
- Owning the quality and roadmap of our UI component library
- Working with our team of engineering leaders and product managers to estimate and deliver critical features while reducing risk and maintaining quality, identifying dependencies, and supporting deliverables across the entire product space
- Maintaining a focus on best-in-class engineering principles and process, from code architecture and quality to agile processes and ceremonies
Technologies you’ll work with and experience you’ll ideally bring:
- Deep mastery of frontend UI design and usability patterns and best practices
- Experience with building and maintaining shared libraries of React functional components and design references via Storybook
- Design and implementation of dynamic, engaging single-page applications that are responsive, accessible (WCAG / Section 508), and fully translated and internationalized
- Managing WebRTC connections and streams in a responsive, dynamic layout
- Working with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket/Git, Jira, Confluence)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Along with a resume, providing a design portfolio and/or implementation examples is preferred.
This position is 100% remote, based in the US.