Senior / Staff Android Engineer, Video at Reddit (Remote)
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their shared interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote-friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. Videos on Reddit have seen exponential growth and are a vital piece of our efforts to make Reddit better & more engaging for everyone. The Video teams own the creation & consumption of video-on-demand content across Reddit and our state-of-the-art interactive, real-time live video experience, RPAN. This position will encompass Android development in Kotlin for user-facing features, architecting & building new user experiences, and collaborating with other Video & Reddit engineers on exciting horizontal initiatives.
This is a high-impact role where you will be involved in technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
- Architect, build and maintain the patterns and frameworks that power the video experience on Reddit’s official Android app
- Contribute to the entire development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Take ownership of features and areas of the app that will impact millions of users.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team to build high-quality experiences
- Craft the direction of future mobile construction at Reddit
- At least 2+ years of experience in writing high-quality, production-grade Kotlin code
- At least 3+ years of experience in building production-grade Android applications
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].