Senior Software Engineer at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
As a Senior Engineer on our framework development team, you will focus on solving complex testing difficulties by designing, developing and improving automation and reporting frameworks. You will invest in improving test stability and performance of the framework by developing innovative solutions to boost Fivetran’s testing efficiency. You will also coach Fivetran quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will continuously steer the team to ensure high standards for automation. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
Technologies You’ll Use:
- Java11, JUnit4
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Bazel, Circle CI
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep expertise of Fivetran’s Product, Infrastructure and Platform
- Build and share proof of concepts for project proposals and ideas.
- Develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation that would help maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Improve existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for Fivetran Back-end, API and UI needs
- Support software development test engineers through training, mentoring and problem solving.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers to ensure we are delivering tools that make their lives easier for product development teams.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- Work with cross-functional teams (QA, Developers, Product, SRE) in test automation activities across the organization.
Skills We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry with passion for quality and automation
- Extensive software engineering foundations and experience designing and developing automation and reporting frameworks for backend and front-end from scratch leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP, preferably Java
- Hands-on experience working with AWS (EC2, EBS, NLB, Route53, etc.) & containerization methodologies like docker, K8s
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.