Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
If you are a motivated Senior Software Engineer who thrives in a fast-growing environment, and if you are passionate about building highly scalable systems with an intuitive experience that users will love, we’d love to talk to you. At Bestow, every engineer is responsible for delivering high-quality code and shaping the next stage of evolution in payments and financial services. We expect that you will be both a mentor and team leader for your engineers. You will work with a tight-knit team of engineers, designers, and product managers and bring a passion for user experience as well as meticulous attention to detail in order to build intuitive and elegant user experiences. Join us to learn and grow together and make a real difference.
In addition to the top-notch engineering talent we have on the team, we also have the best partners -- incredible Product and Design Teams!
Open to Austin, TX, Dallas, TX or Remote (US) #LI-Remote
About the Role
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else is building a completely digital platform on which individuals can purchase a life insurance policy entirely online within minutes
- Develop features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way using Python 3, Go, and PostgreSQL
- Help set technical standards and best practices for the back-end team. Folks joining the team will establish our software engineering culture. You are someone that strives to build a premier engineering organization
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Write unit and integration tests for code you create
- Encourage automation and continuous improvement
- Peer review code developed by others on your team
- 5+ years of back end software development experience
- Passion working with Golang, Python 3 or Rust
- You enjoy navigating your way around PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Docker is your preferred container for local software development
- Hands-on knowledge around designing APIs (Protocol Buffers, RAML, Swagger, or OpenAPI)
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (GCP preferred)
- Enthusiasm advocating for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas, nor employ residents outside of the United States at this time)
This role is perfect for you if:
- You enjoy the challenge of solving complex technical projects and delivering iterative solutions that provide value each step of the way
- You enjoy working closely with partners across the business and within your team to solve problems
- You’re a great communicator who knows how to organize a team around discovering and delivering solutions, facilitate meaningful discussions, and build consensus
- You love mentoring engineers and helping them progress on their career path
- Competitive salary, bonus & stock options
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
More Information on Bestow Life Insurance
Bestow Life Insurance operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX and Austin, TX. Bestow Life Insurance was founded in 2016. It has 184 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all jobs at Bestow Life Insurance, click here.
Read Full Job Description