The primary responsibility of the Senior Engineer in the SDK Unity development team is to help define and implement the Unity 3D interface for Magic Leap's SDK offering. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Develop and help design the SDK Unity SDK offering.
- Work with the platform feature owners and Unity team lead using the SDK, Unity 3D and associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Review individual developer's code in the team to ensure highest code quality in the SDK Unity 3D team.
- 5 to 7+ years of extensive experience working on software products
- 5+ years extensive experience working with Unity 3D engine (source code experience nice to have)
- At least 3 years of full time C# programming experience
- Experience with native plugin development for Unity, including marshaling
- Full knowledge of C# language and .NET standards for C# code
- Basic understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with VR, AR, or MR/XR development
- Experience with performance optimization in Unity
- Experience with Git
- Experience working in engineering teams in an agile and dynamic environment
- Extensive experience working with developer tools like emulators, debuggers, profilers etc
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Experience with mobile software development a plus
- Experience building Game Engines is nice to have
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines