About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures instead of the quality of health outcomes. Stellar Health helps primary care providers continually engage with their patients by providing them real-time information and tangible action-based incentives for improving quality of care for their patients.
At Stellar Health, we’re simplifying value-based care. The Stellar platform, a cloud-based, point-of-care tool, fits into existing provider workflows and creates a simple checklist of recommended actions that helps deliver the best quality care for patients. We’re building our technology from the ground up, and the industry is starting to take notice.
Our product actively supports over 500K patient lives - and we have shown that we make a real difference for these practices and their patients. It’s an exciting time to join the Stellar Team: We recently raised a $60M Series B at a $460M valuation from Top VCs in the health-tech space (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners), have an established product & proven operating model, and we’re scaling our team to meet the continued growth and impact on our healthcare system.About the position:
As a Senior Software Engineer on one of our Platform teams, you’ll be responsible for the lifecycle of our data, from ingestion to storage to insight and action generation. We currently organize these teams into two broad areas, each with a distinct focus:
- Data Platform - Responsible for the ETLs, data models & storage, and serving of partner-supplied health data to downstream internal teams.
- Outcomes - Responsible for translating partner-supplied health data into patient care recommendations, and associated payment awards that drive higher-quality care with lower costs.
You would join one of the teams within these broad areas, which collectively form Stellar’s Platform org. Our team offers an experienced and mature engineering culture, product development best practices, and an environment where every single engineer has a direct impact on the success of our business.
Who will love this job:
- You are excited about backend engineering (storage, pipelines, APIs, etc)
- You thrive off of supporting your peers and teammates; no job is too small for you.
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too.
- You understand, appreciate, and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with being assigned high-level ownership over projects and their success.
- You have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams.
- You are looking to learn and grow, knowing that this position will involve a lot of ambiguity to deal with, with the support from the organization to help you navigate it.
What you’ll do:
- Some of the specifics depend on the team you join, but here are a few examples of common work from across the Platform org
- Work on a process for consistently and coherently ingesting extracted data to our platform.
- Improve tools for the data integration part of the platform.
- Work on systems that generate new patient recommendations based on their health claims data
- Build payments systems that reward clinical staff for their help in closing critical care gaps
- Work on scaling up our platform in both the volume of data that is being processed, as well as the capabilities that we support
- Write clear and concise production code for the Stellar Health Platform.
- Provide effective and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work.
- Deliver new features by collaborating regularly with our founding team.
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process.
- Work with our founding team on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities.
- Gather data insights and build models for product improvements or for internal use.
You should have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience writing production code
- Previous experience in a data platform or infrastructure role.
- Python experience or experience with other backend languages (Java / C++ / Go / Ruby) and a desire to learn.
- A strong sense of accountability; you take pride in what you build and want it to be useful for others on your team
Pay, Perks & Such:
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, a 401k program and flexible vacation.
Note on COVID response:
Stellar’s Union Square NYC HQ is currently open for those that wish to use it and we are supporting both hybrid and remote-friendly work across the US!
In order to protect our wellbeing and safety, and to reduce the likelihood of impacts to our workforce, we currently require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you would like to learn more about our COVID vaccine policy, as well as our response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
We encourage everyone to apply to our roles, even if they do not meet every single qualification on a job description, and our team is committed to reviewing every resume submitted.