The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?About the Team
At Qualtrics, “Odo” is the name we’ve given to our collection of custom-built internal software tools that employees use on a daily basis.
The Odo Platform team architects, develops, and maintains Odo, providing platform functionality to other engineering teams and building applications that power business critical processes for Qualtrics. This includes things like:
- Fully searchable pages for Qualtrics users, brands, customers, licenses, employees, tickets, wikis, and more.
- A suite of custom tools for performance ratings, compensation adjustments, and equity/stock grants that is used by all managers at Qualtrics.
- An employee directory that includes badges/achievements and is used by 95% of Qualtrics employees at least once a week.
- A mobile-first progressive web app that includes Odo’s most broadly used tools.
- A set of APIs that allows other Qualtrics engineering teams to integrate with Odo - which other teams have used to build 100+ integrations so far, accounting for 150,000+ API requests per day.
One of the best things about our team is that we get to directly see the impact of the tools we build on the lives of our coworkers - we make life better for our friends and colleagues.Expectations for Success
We need entrepreneurial engineers who want to create something new at Qualtrics and who excel at working cross-team and cross-functionally. Our engineers, at every level, participate in design and architecture, requirements gathering, full stack development and delivery, operations, quality, and optimization. Successful engineers are excited to envision the future of Qualtrics data and anticipate internal and external customer needs that don’t exist yet.
We expect all of our contributors to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and to be capable of demonstrating expertise in algorithmic execution, data structures and data modeling, as well as the ability to estimate and deliver on coding objectives.Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 4+ years experience in developing and operating highly-available web services
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, source-control repositories, test automation, and build / deploy systems)
- Database experience (preferably SQL)
- Ability to tackle ambiguous problems by working with stakeholders and peers to drive clarity on requirements and design solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
Find yourself checking some of the boxes but unsure about applying? At Qualtrics we believe everyone can learn new things and grow. If you meet some, but not all of these qualifications, go ahead apply! We are committed to building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.A Day in the Life
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available data intensive services
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to provide customer value
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, serve on an on-call rotation, and consistently deliver value to both Qualtrics employees and customers
- Work directly with cross-function stakeholders and users of the tools you’re developing to understand needs, iterate on your designs, and automate workflows
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.