Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our team is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer who can help us iterate on a world-class shopping platform. We are a full-stack engineering team responsible for expanding and improving shopping capabilities within our consumer-facing mobile app to help users find products they'd like to purchase. This is one of Affirm's fastest-growing surfaces with immense growth potential. The Affirm marketplace can be accessed by clicking on the bottom navigation Shop tab in the Affirm app.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with product, design, analytics, and engineering counterparts to plan, refine, implement and maintain features.
- Work with the Tech Lead to drive feature definition and implementation.
- Consistently write high-quality, testable code in Swift that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Leverage frameworks and tools like Retrofit, Dagger, Compose and Git to create, deploy, and monitor robust code.
- Review others' code and provide constructive feedback.
- Estimate scope of work and keep the team informed of any changes to timelines.
- Regularly reflect on successes and mistakes to help yourself and your team grow.
What We Look For
- 4+ years of software engineering experience shipping production-quality iOS apps
- Expertise in Swift
- Knowledge of the iOS ecosystem
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Takes pride in iteratively delivering great user experiences
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.