Senior Software Engineer - Hadoop Platform Team at Uber
About The Team
The Hadoop Platform team aims to build the next generation of intelligent data services that will profoundly impact how we march towards the vision of Uber's data-driven, real-time marketplace. Our team builds libraries and distributed services around the Hadoop stack (Hive, Presto, HDFS, Kafka, ....) to ease user interaction with the Big Data world. We share them with the open-source community (e.g., Hudi or Marmaray).
The Data Ingestion team owns the platform that moves hundreds of TBs of data a day from thousands of data sources to Uber's data lake. The hundreds of PBs data ingested by the Data Ingestion platform is the source of truth for business analytics and insights at Uber, powering various data-driven decisions. The platform consists of Marmaray, built from the ground-up at Uber and various services and tooling to operate the Data ingestion platform at scale and to deliver new data to customers at lower latencies.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a strong engineer to join the Data Ingestion team to
- Design and implement distributed solutions to make new data available faster for business analytical needs.
- Drive reliability and operational scalability improvements through design and automation - scaling with the ever-increasing data volume flowing through the systems and the number of data sources producing data, observability, and monitoring.
- Drive efficiency efforts for one of the largest consumers of Uber's Data Infrastructure.
- Collaborate with multiple partner teams to achieve these multi-faceted goals.
- Bachelor's degree with atleast 4 years of experience.
- Strong problem solving and coding skills in at least one of Java / C++ / Python.
- Experience with developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large codebases.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related subject area.
- Experience designing and executing large-scale distributed applications.
- Experience with big data infrastructure tools and software such as Spark, HDFS, Yarn.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Passion for learning new technologies, domains, and challenging the status quo.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.