Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack - Developer Ecosystem at Samsara (Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Developer Ecosystem team.
The Developer Ecosystem team’s vision is to create a market leading platform that allows Samsara customers and developers to create custom integrations and applications on top of our data. We strive to increase Samsara’s customer engagement with Samsara by evolving our SaaS connected cloud apps into an ecosystem. The team is responsible for:
- Setting the course of Samsara applications platform, integration and ecosystem
- Providing developer tools and portal to easily create integration and applications
- Providing reliable, performant and secure data access for our customers
As a Senior Engineer on the Developer Ecosystem team, you will guide the design and implementation of complex ecosystem solutions at Samsara. You will create an end-user experience that allows both customers and developers to easily create and manage applications. You will conduct an effort for developers to securely access our data and test applications via sandbox, developer portal, SDK, CLI and security via OAuth and robust token. You will formulate and execute on the next-generation Samsara data access via API, webhook, Data streaming and data replication by setting up new patterns that did not yet exist. You will also work with our product partners to understand the evolving needs of our customers and help us design iterative improvements and exciting new features.In this role, you will:
- Chart the course for developer ecosystem and integrations
- Collaborate with other engineers and product to design, implement, test, deploy and monitor highly scalable full stack features on data access and external developer tools
- Emphasize customer’s ecosystem needs and be responsible for high quality deliveries
- Maintain regular feedback loop to allow for implementation iterations and making adjustments
- Contribute to our culture and maintain an inclusive, collaborative and supportive work environment where all Samsara employees can grow and thrive
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong programming/coding and design fundamentals
An ideal candidate also has:
- Previous experience and proven track record of successful application ecosystem delivery and building 3rd party external API
- Relentless in pursuing engineering and operational excellence
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining distributed, highly scalable software
- Demonstrated ability to help develop the technical mastery of our newer engineering team members
- Proactive growth mindset and improve on status quo
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.