Senior Software Engineer - Developer Tools at Squarespace
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build and support tools to make the life of developers at Squarespace easier.
- Work with other engineers to negotiate, design and implement solutions that improves their efficiency, with an emphasis on frequent iterations.
- Write high-quality code with industry best practices in mind. (Resilient architecture, automated testing, etc.)
- Focus on finding scalable, reliable, automated solutions to meet the engineering department's scale and growth.
- Sponsor the growth of your team and teammates.
- Be comfortable working in a team distributed across multiple time zones.
- 5+ years of experience programming in Golang or Python.
- Can debug complex problems across the whole stack.
- Experience in web application development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Appetite for solving problems, supporting developers, and learning new technologies.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.