Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Rewards Experience Engineering team is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who can help us define and build Affirm Rewards platform and products. We are a full-stack engineering team responsible for driving user retention by incentivizing users through Affirm delightful Rewards products.What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product, design, analytics, and engineering counterparts to plan, refine, implement and maintain features.
- Drives feature definition or supports the Tech Lead with the design and delivery of the project taking into account the resource consumption, cross-feature interactions and operations
- Consistently writes high-quality and testable code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Reviews others’ code and provides constructive feedback.
- Proactively raise improvement opportunities and contribute ideas to address them.
- Conducts technical screens, onsite coding, and culture interviews.
- Asks for and provides help when needed.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience shipping production-quality backend services.
- Strong intuition around software design and implementation.
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Experience in a modern programming language(s).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Product-minded -- we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our stakeholders, and our company's) as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Experience with experimentation, feature flagging, or data systems is a strong plus.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.