Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Data Platform team at Affirm is responsible for all things data and drives the strategy for event driven architecture, stream processing, data exploration, discovery and validation. We utilize existing open source technologies like Kafka, Spark, Map Reduce and also build our own as needed. As a member of our team you would spend time identifying and executing on new use cases of data infrastructure, designing and scaling our existing infrastructure and working closely with other teams to promote the optimal use of data at the company!
What you'll do
- Design and build data infrastructure systems, services and tools to handle new Affirm products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions.
- Design and develop stream processing features to execute on our results-oriented event driven ecosystem
- Develop robust, well-instrumented near real time stream processing data pipelines that can scale to handle Affirm's future growth and adhere to strict SLAs.
- Build frameworks and services which will be used by other engineering teams at Affirm to manage billions of dollars in loans and power customer experiences.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core systems.
- Develop scalable data processing systems using MapReduce and Spark.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering, data science and analytics teams to identify and execute on new opportunities in data-infrastructure.
What we look for
- 5+ years of industry experience in building large scale production systems.
- Experience building and operating robust and highly available infrastructure.
- Experience building scalable and efficient data processing systems.
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with Data Warehouse solutions
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.