Senior Software Engineer (Back End / Full Stack) at Ataia (San Diego, CA)
atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We are developing psychedelic and non-psychedelic compounds and cutting-edge digital therapeutic tools, and are excited about anything that might mean a true leap forward for patients. We have offices in Berlin, London, New York, Boston and San Diego. Check out our website here.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer in Atai’s core digital platform company, Introspect, which uses evidence-based psychological protocol and highly engaging content (across video, audio and articles) to deliver psychotherapy to patients alongside their medication regime. Introspect forms the heart of Atai’s digital strategy, acting as a point of integration for other digital platform technologies and, crucially, facilitating Atai’s data strategy to expand treatment precision and care personalization.
- We are looking for a hands-on full stack senior engineer to design and build our next generation Digital Therapeutic.
- Your primary focus will be the development of back-end APIs, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests, the integration of our and 3rd party APIs into our front-end apps and web sites creation, maintenance of production dev ops automation, own features from technical design and development through ongoing maintenance, manage and code review other remote developers work.
- You should already have extensive experience developing front end applications using ReactJS, Redux and ES6 best practices.
- A candidate for this job should relish complex technical challenges yet prioritize simplicity in your solutions.
- They should strive to understand the business requirements behind the software they build.
- They should be able to stay on track working remotely.
- All candidates must be able to promote a risk‐aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to and researching relevant best practices and requirements.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to lead projects and mentor other developing software engineers
- Comfortable with communicating through written word as well as verbally
- Love individual contribution, this is primarily a coding position
- ES6 / Typescript
- React / React Native / Redux
- RESTful APIs
- Integrating third party packages for iOS & Android
- Deployment to App & Play Stores
- Native iOS & Android development
- SQL & No SQL data stores
- Scaling / optimizing applications for performance
- Experience with NestJs and/or TypeORM
- AWS ecosystem and automation
- Dev Ops and/or CI / CD pipelines
- Background in psychology, chemistry or medicine
- Experience in life science or digital therapeutics
- Experience in gaming / computer graphics
- Experience / knowledge of machine learning
Equal Opportunity Employer
At atai, we are committed to providing an environment of diversity, inclusion and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.