Senior Software Engineer, Autonomy - Machine Learning/Tracking Sensor Fusion (Remote) at Rebellion Defense
Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms data into decision advantage.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower our military and civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
Your Rebel Team
The engineering team is focused on building products that apply artificial intelligence to analyze, secure, and deliver critical data to deter threats and drive mission success for our defense and national security customers.
This role reports to Aaron Wieczorek Engineering Manager
How you’ll make a difference in this role:
As a Senior Software Engineer (SWE) on the Autonomy Team focused on tracking and sensor fusion, you will design, develop, and test software systems and interact with SWEs across the organization, and particularly in Autonomy, to tackle advanced AI challenges in sensor fusion and tracking. Your work will be focused on pulling in data from novel and exquisite sensor modalities and fusing those modalities into coherent tracks to aid in understandability for machines and humans downstream. For this position, we are looking for a software engineer with the ability to master the problem of object tracking using both conventional and cutting-edge algorithms and techniques to innovate in the machine learning and tracking space.
This position can be based out of our Washington D.C., Seattle office locations or US remote.
What your mission is:
- Come alongside high energy engineering teams to enable the adoption of best practices to enable downstream systems and subsystems to interact with refined sensor data at a higher level to make predictions.
- You will work with real time machine learning models at the edge, focusing on various remote sensing modalities such as EO, LiDAR, and Radar.
You may be fit for this role if your expertise aligns to:
- 5+ years of relevant SWE experience in the tech industry
- A bachelor’s degree in a related technical area (Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics) or a master's degree in a related field is highly desirable
- You are proficient in developing and implementing professional state-of-the-art tracking sensor fusion software (extended multi-object tracking, Bernoulli filters, Kalman filters, etc.) combined with an ability or desire to use deep learning AI/ML to push the state of the art
- You have skills with general statistical signal processing algorithms
The Nature of our Work:
We are driving rapid change in an extremely regulated industry. Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments and access to those spaces and the data in them may require an active personnel security clearance. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance at the right level.
Our commitment to candidate experience:
- We are a team of advocates for our candidates while building a fair and equitable process.
- Our team empowers our candidates, business partners, and each other through transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- We are committed to hiring a unique and diverse team with the shared vision that Rebellion is the go-to AI suite for national defense and security.
Our Interview Process:
- To start, you’ll have an initial 30 minute conversation with one of our amazing recruiters to learn more about you and your career goals.
- Next, you’ll dive deeper into your background and expertise with the Hiring Manager for 30-45 minutes
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across our team for competency focused interviews covering both technical aspects of the role and our company culture.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger; a mission with real impact
- A chance to be a part of a people-first team
- Robust career growth and advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive range of benefits that are fair, equitable, and competitive that include the following:
- Company-paid, full coverage, inclusive health care (Medical, Dental Vision) for you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stock option grants
- Retirement & Savings Plan with company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.