Hi, We're Stride 👋
We provide the world’s first benefits platform crafted specifically for individuals, who don’t receive employer-based benefits. We help them save time and money on insurance, taxes, and hundreds of thousands of products and services. Since launching in 2014, Stride has helped over 3 million Americans save over $3 billion 🤩
Stride delivers benefits for people who work without employer benefits 💥 We’re building the world’s first platform designed for the independent workforce, and we’re looking for outstanding people (like you!) to help us do it. Today, 60 million Americans work independently and that trend is only accelerating. For many Americans, benefits are tightly coupled with their full-time, W2-based jobs where they receive group-based benefits. But for millions of Americans who work independently, their livelihoods are at-risk and outside of that financial safety net.
That’s where Stride comes in. We make it extraordinarily easy and intuitive to find the best and most affordable health care coverage for independent workers and their families, including dental, vision, life, accident, and disability coverage. 🎉 All the same benefits you’d expect from a W2 employer, but built specifically for contract workers, part-timers, and self-employed Americans.
Stride partners with the world’s leading platforms and employers of non-benefited workers including DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, MasterCard, Amazon, Aon, Willis Towers Watson, and others to help them provide their workers access to affordable health and wealth benefits and perks 🔥 In 2021, the company launched its Stride for Health Plans platform to enable simple ACA enrollment for health insurance carriers. The company is backed with over $96M in capital by Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, Fidelity’s F-Prime Capital Partners, Mastercard & Allstate.
Stride is on the lookout for inquisitive, motivated engineers to help take our Stride for Android app to the next level. We are planning for many new things for our next iterations so your work will be feature-heavy and you'll have tons of say on its architecture and infrastructure. You will also be an advocate for best practices in Android coding across the company.
We’re hiring at multiple experience levels, and we would love for you to join us on this adventure. The nature of work is changing, forever. Be a part of it.Responsibilities:
- Evolve and expand Android and mobile at Stride
- Work alongside product, design, and leadership to maintain and extend the feature set of the Stride for Android app
- Collaborate with multiple Engineering and non-Engineering teams within the company on cross-functional efforts.
- 4+ years of experience in Android native mobile development
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and excitement to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Experience programming in Java or Kotlin
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience managing project builds and dependencies using gradle
- Helped build at least one high-quality, active app on the Play Store
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience in Reactive Programming (RxJava/Kotlin Flow)
- Experience architecting the data layer of a modern Android app
- Experience with dependency injection using Dagger 2
- Experience handling concurrency (threads, coroutines, etc.) in the Android ecosystem
- Experience with one or more backend technologies
- Experience with RESTful API design and architecting network operations
- Experience with consumer finance and tax applications, healthcare, or the self-employed/freelancer industry
We’re excited that you’re looking to Stride for your next leadership opportunity. We take that decision seriously and want to provide you with an opportunity where you can grow meaningfully in your career. We support a fully remote work structure, with bi-annual company retreats and opportunities to collaborate in-person with your teams in between, as necessary. In the meantime, you can check out our Built In and The Muse profiles! 😎
Perks & Benefits
All full time Stride employees are eligible for the following benefits and perks:
- Work remotely from wherever you want in the US, and still get together with your team at least twice per year
- For US based candidates, a salary calibrated to the San Francisco Bay Area—historically the highest in the nation
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans with employees covered at 100% and dependents covered at 70%
- 12 weeks of paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parents, inclusive of adoption and fostering
- Employer paid One Medical membership
- Flexible paid time off
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days
- 2 weeks of company-wide end-of-year refresh time
- 401k management platform (we do not currently match)
- A generous equity package to give you ownership in what we're building together
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-wide in-person retreats
- $100/month work from home stipend
- $75/month wellness stipend
- $1,000/year learning and development budget
- The New York Times: "It’s Not Just You: Picking a Health Insurance Plan Is Really Hard"
- The New York Times: “Chasing Entrepreneurial Opportunity in the Affordable Care Act”
- Business Insider: “Stride raises $47 million from investors including Mastercard and Allstate to expand its gig worker benefits business”
- Mastercard: Mastercard and Stride Team Up to Bring Portable Benefits to Gig and Independent Workers
- Yahoo: “Stride Health's Enrollment Platform powers CMS "Gig Workers' Week of Action"“
- Oscar: “Oscar Health, Inc. Announces Partnership with Stride Health to Provide Best-In-Class Enrollment Experience for Members and Brokers”
- WTW: “Willis Towers Watson and Stride Health to offer comprehensive benefits and guidance for contingent workers”
Our CEO’s Perspectives
- Fortune: Health care access will fuel the Great Resignation—and that’s a good thing (co-authored by CEO)
Some bonus fun:
- We sponsor Free Solo star Alex Honnold “Stride Health: Alex Honnold's Urban Ascents”
- Ranked #6 dog-friendly company “Rover Unveils the Best Dog-Friendly Companies of 2021”
- 19 New Companies That You Don't Want to Miss on The Muse
Stride is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.