Senior Software Development Engineer at Kos Media (Remote)
Civiqs is the leading online scientific polling platform and a division of Kos Media LLC . Civiqs has been conducting surveys online since 2014. Every day, Civiqs surveys thousands of people across the United States on politics, culture, and current affairs.
We are hiring an experienced and results-driven Senior Software Development Engineer to join our talented remote engineering team. Our data science platform is built upon a modern tool chain that includes Python, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS and React, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, and AWS. If you're interested in a position that offers more than just a technical challenge, we'd like to hear from you!
Benefits of working at Civiqs
- Inclusive - We are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply
- True Work-Life Balance - Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position
- Remote First - We've been cultivating remote engineering teams for nearly a decade before the pandemic. The position offers a flexible work environment and the ability to work remotely or from home, including a remote worker stipend
- Generous Six Weeks Paid Vacation + Paid Company Holidays
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Optional 401K with a company match
- Professional development stipend
- Employer-paid maternity/family leave
Civiqs maintains one of the largest databases of public opinion in the United States, with a scale and quality that is unmatched in the survey industry. You will work alongside researchers and data scientists to help shape the Civiqs survey application as we build new research products and features. The ideal candidate for this position will love data as much as we do!
- Collaborate with Civiqs Engineering and Management in order to formulate long term initiatives and take a leadership role in the accomplishing of those initiatives
- Mentor members of the Civiqs Engineering and Data Science teams
- Write well-tested code on a daily basis
- Communicate updates about progress using the designated engineering tools and processes
- Be a team player, share knowledge, and collaborate through pairing, code reviews, feedback, and discussion
- Develop a deep technical understanding of Civiqs' research systems
- 3+ years experience Web Application API development
- 3+ years experience working within an agile software development workflow
- Ability to understand and explain complex concepts in plain language
- Self-motivated to author high quality, test driven code
- Solid understanding of object oriented software engineering principles
- Inviting of constructive feedback within and outside of formal code reviews
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and database design
- A natural curiosity for, and willingness to learn new technologies
- Comfort in mentoring others
Learn more about Civiqs by browsing these links:
What We Do - https://civiqs.com/what-we-offer
Our Results - https://civiqs.com/
Our Methods - https://civiqs.com/methodology
Our Team - https://civiqs.com/about
Join In! - https://civiqs.com/join-in
SALARY RANGE: $130,000 - $165,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to Civiqs' Engineering Manager. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, a professional development stipend, as well as employer-paid maternity/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Civiqs, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective in our work, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. The atmosphere in our office is energized by the day's news events, and people united by common cause. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.