Senior Software Developer (Java Full Stack) at Precise Software (Washington DC)
This is an opportunity to join a company that has won numerous awards for innovation, leadership, and gold standard performance. Thought leadership, a people centric culture and a supportive community create a foundation for success in a fast-paced environment.
An active FDA Public Trust Clearance is preferred; eligibility to obtain an FDA Public Trust Clearance is required.
This position is remote.Responsibilities
Specific Roles and Responsibilities for the FDA Senior Software Developer position include but are not limited to:
- Participate as a core member of the Agile team across all planning, analysis, design, development, and testing activities
- Must be up to date on the current technology landscape, be technology agnostic, and have a passion for staying current and experimenting with new approaches and tools
- Deliver on a system modernization project in which business capabilities previously provided by a legacy system are re-developed on a new platform or technology
- Work with complex data and understanding the current technologies available for data analysis, processing, and visualization
- Collaborate with the Business Analysts, test team and leads and provide documentation for customer deliverables
- Lead or contribute to design, code, code inspections and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects and participate in other meetings such as use case creation technical interchanges
- Develop estimates for design and implementation based on a level of effort and relative sizing (small, medium, large) depending on complexity of the requirements
- Comply with CMMI level 3 and project level processes to improve efficiency and consistency of all deliverables
- Coordinate closely with peers to ensure proper implementation of system specifications and integration of the new development with the complete system
The Principal Software Developer will have the following qualifications:
- Oracle 11g / 12c, Exadata
- Linux, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Axis, Apache Spring, REST/JSON, SOAP, WSDL, XML, XSD
- Experience with Subversion, JIRA, and HP ALM
- Excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to very quickly ramp up to understand code, provide updates, design inputs, interfaces to other applications
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- Experience in a parallel development environment managing overlapping development efforts that can impact the same functionalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar is required
Precise Software Solutions, Inc., an SBA 8(a) program participant, is an innovative small business with a proven record of success delivering quality services and solutions to government organizations. A CMMI Level 3 company, Precise serves as a trusted advisor to senior technology executives and helps government agencies enhance and expand their information technology capabilities. Precise helps their customers capitalize on the efficiencies offered by technological advancements and ensures the integrity of their IT systems and programs so they can perform their public mission more effectively. The company is known for delivering agile and innovative solutions and specializes in strategic consulting, system modernization and integration, digital transformation and experience, infrastructure and cloud implementation, and data management and analytics.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Training and Development
- Two Innovation Days
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Charity Donation Match
- Awards and Recognition
- Standing Desks
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Precise is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants.