Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Kareo
Senior Reliability Engineer (SRE)
What We Need
A Senior SRE Engineer to be part of an innovative team, who are on a continuous mission of building bulletproof, scalable, and secure private and public cloud environments for our customers and users. If you think hard is fun and get bored easily if you aren't challenged, this might be the place for you. We are looking for someone who has an insatiable thirst for technology, desire to learn and grow individually, with the team, and with the business. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a passion to lead, architect, design, document, and implement comprehensive platform solutions using security best practices.
You will have the unique opportunity to help drive innovation and technical excellence into all aspects of our various Cloud-based services and platforms. The technology stack you will be working on is hosted in the private cloud and GCP with the goal to be fully in GCP. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering solutions in the space of end-to-end system architecture, automated builds, deployment, monitoring, and cloud infrastructure.
Your Area of Focus
- Support production and development infrastructure and services, on-premise and in the cloud
- Deploy and manage innovative modern cloud technologies using infrastructure-as-code, self-healing, and security automation patterns
- Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting tools to track issues and continually improve the availability of systems
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to further automate platform builds and processes
- Collaborate with Engineering and the rest of the Operations team to promptly investigate, debug and mitigate potential issues and outages
- Use Chaos Engineering principles and methodologies to test what you build under real-world conditions
- Promote automation to replace manual processes, and implement changes to improve processes and workflows (Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
Your Professional Qualifications
- 3+ years SRE/DevOps experience in a tech-forward environment, having demonstrated progressively innovative contributions in system architecture
- Proven track record of being able to support critical production systems with minimal downtime
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining monitoring, logging and alerting tools such as Sumologic, LogicMonitor, Wavefront, OpsGenie, NewRelic, etc.
- Strong experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Strong experience with Infrastructure As Code orchestration (e.g. Terraform)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting in at least one major language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Experience using configuration management frameworks (Ansible) with Linux and Windows systems
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Strong experience working with systems deployed in a public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and on-prem
- A basic understanding of networking and the various components associated with it such as routing, load balancing, DHCP, and DNS.
- Willingness to participate in our 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate - Be Passionately Driven: We take pride in our work, inspire others to excel, and are dedicated to solving tough problems in healthcare. We hold ourselves to the highest standards. And we work with urgency because what we do matters.
- Customer-Focused - Dedicated to Customer Success: Helping our customers succeed directs every action we take. We’re committed to helping their practices run smoother so their patients can thrive. We are solution-oriented and aligned with their needs.
- Collaborative - Together We’re Better: Great teams are collaborative, selfless, hardworking, and dedicated. We are willing to do what it takes to get the job done so we can accomplish more together.
- Growing - Constant Growth: We strive to have a growth mindset in all we do. We reject the status quo. We take a unique approach and make every effort to bring clarity to a needlessly complex industry. We are creative problem solvers that believe in making things better.
Kareo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.