Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
As our company grows, and we expand our security team, Opendoor is looking for exceptional Security Incident Response Engineers. You’ll be joining a team where you have real ownership and a charter to champion best practices, drive change, and determine future policy. You’ll also contribute to our other security domains of application security, penetration testing, infrastructure, and IT security -- so you’ll never end up working in a silo.
Want to learn more about the work we are doing ? Check out our blog:https://medium.com/opendoor-labs
- Respond to security incidents
- Develop new detection controls and optimize existing controls
- Build automation to detect and prevent the same type of incidents from reoccurring
- Monitor, research, and correlate security events and provide in-depth incident and root-cause analysis
- Support threat intelligence, threat hunting, intrusion detection and penetration testing efforts
- Create runbooks to streamline incident management
- Lead table top exercises to validate and improve existing processes and train staff to understand their roles and responsibilities
- Evaluate and determine security posture of systems via testing and vulnerability impact analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security with focus on incident response, intrusion detection, digital forensics and/or penetration testing
- Good understanding of incident detection, response, and automation strategies
- Strong understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Incident response experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure and familiarity with cloud security controls
- Forensic experience with macOS, Linux, or Windows
- Experience with SIEM
- Strong scripting experience with Python, Bash, or Powershell
- Strong communication and documentation skills
Bonus Points if
- Experience with SOAR or EDR tools
- A love of instrumentation
- Passion for automation
- An understanding of the value of usability and buy-in when it comes to security policy and practices
- Love for security at work and outside of work. As shown by: presenting at known security conferences, contributing to or creating open source security tools, contributing to the security community in general, etc.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $117,000 - $171,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description