Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. The estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. Aspiration is a certified B Corporation and, in fact, has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations four years in a row. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
Are you passionate about innovative technologies like ML and AI? Do you care about Climate and Carbon fuels that a swipe generates? Aspiration is looking for an experienced SDET (Software Engineer Developer in Test) to join our team.
At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly. We’re working hard, having fun and making history, come join our team!
SDET at Aspiration is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing framework and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the “building” aspect of software design engineering with the “breaking” aspect of software test engineering. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies that if anything does go wrong, your code will tell us. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers.
What You'll Do
- Design and build automated test infrastructure and tools for multi-platform that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operations & executions.
- Integrate with DevOps infrastructure to establish a continuous build and testing strategies.
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop products to assess quality and integrity.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports/ dashboard.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or similar discipline.
- 5+ years of designing and building automation infrastructure and tools experience in a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills in relevant work fields.
- Proficiency in C, C++, Golang, Java-Script with 5+years of experience.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python or Ruby.
- Familiarity with Data structure/ Algorithms.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, GitHub and operations excellence.
What You'll Get
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture