We are building the world's largest in-home care system.
Healthcare is rapidly moving into the home, creating an enormous market opportunity that’s growing daily as consumers increasingly demand more convenient healthcare options.
Technology is the engine that powers our foundation. It ensures we can reach massive scale and drives differentiation from any other healthcare company entering this space. We’re using data to ensure patient safety and tailor the care to patients’ specific needs which allows for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up.
DispatchHealth is a Series D startup with more than $400m in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re backed by Oak, Tiger Global, Alta Partners, Optum Ventures, Questa Capital, ad EchoHealth Ventures.
We’re a remote first org and our engineering team is spread out across the US, Mexico, and Ukraine. Our culture is focused on impact, accountability, and collaboration.
As a team, we share the goal of driving the company forward and transforming healthcare through the technology we build. We believe the only way we can accomplish our goal is together, and that our whole is greater than the sum of our parts. We collaborate closely across every function because we recognize that no individual function can solve the whole problem as well as we can when we all work together.
With our teammates spread out across different cities, we actively support each other and cultivate an environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas regardless of seniority or function, and where the best ideas consistently win. We know the positive feeling we get when we feel heard, and we reciprocate that deep engagement with others when they’re talking or presenting so that we gain alignment and promote our collective actions.
Come join us on the journey to transform healthcare!
At DispatchHealth we work in parallel with our teams to bring quality to the focus across design, implementation, and delivery of our software. We're excited about technology and how it can revolutionize the in-home healthcare experience.
As a part of DispatchHealth’s Quality Engineering we leverage our empathy for our end-users and knowledge of software quality tools and techniques to provide constructive feedback quickly, increase confidence and efficiently deliver software. This enables our providers to focus on offering the best in-home health care experience for our patients.
Our passion and skills in software quality principles and techniques drives our key principles of team ownership of quality, parallel development and test activities, and reliable, valuable test automation. Our talent is made up of adaptable, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy gaining and sharing new knowledge and skills. As we transition from a Quality Assurance mindset to Quality Engineering our aim is to stay in front of innovation in automated software development and delivery.
We work in cross-functional teams to build full-stack healthcare solutions across a range of established and emerging technologies and techniques, including:
- APIs and back-end services built using, Go, Ruby and Node.
- Hosting and application services provided by industry cloud providers AWS and Aptible.
- Data Engineering applications for real-time data solutions, data platforms, visualization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence that drive improvement for the business and user experience.
- Operational efficiencies leveraging modern ecosystems and automated build and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborative build practices that allow our teams to be agile and responsive to our end-users’ needs.
As a Quality Engineer, you will apply your ever-growing knowledge of software quality techniques and tools to a collaborative, team-focused environment. You will work in parallel with team members to understand technical details of our projects, helping to design the best testing approach. You will act as a champion for solution quality, providing valuable insights to the team. You will continually learn from others and reciprocate in sharing your growing knowledge in return.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategies
- Lead test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across teams
- Participate in product design review with product managers, software engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation
- Bring accountability to development teams to implement test plans
- Help increase engineering velocity using CI/CD and test automation tools
- Manage assigned tasks within a sprint and track progress toward the definition of done
- Proactively identify and document potential issues users may encounter
- Collaborate on identifying risk complexity and test coverage
- Share what you learn with your teams and the other members of the QE community
- Lead the utilization and/or development of automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health
- Define the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality
- Drive opportunities and lead efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
As a Quality Engineer, you bring curiosity, enthusiasm, and awareness of what working on an Agile team should be like. You have exposure to code used to build reliable, repeatable, and trusted test automation. You help define clear acceptance criteria, participate in defect triage, and use metrics to drive better quality. You possess an empathetic, inquisitive, and exploratory mindset, combined with strong testing, communication, and organizational skills.
Requirements (in addition to above):
- 4+ years of experience as a QE or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Experience setting up and maintaining local environments
- Strong knowledge of programming and test automation fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of software quality methodologies, tools, and processes
- Work effectively as a part of a team
- Self-organized with little to no monitoring or supervision
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Open to constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of CI/CD process
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and security testing is a plus
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
Reporting to Fred Katona, Senior Vice President of Technology
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- DJ Ambrisco, Principal Software Engineer
- David Ingraham, Test Automation Engineer
- Mike Lockwitz, Senior Software Enginer, Teamm Lead
- Howard Chou, Engineering Manager
- Health insurance coverage
- Mental health benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Career ladders and bi-annual performance review
Location: Remote, USA
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $140,000 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
DispatchHealth is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice/