Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
ThousandEyes maintains ISO 27001, 27018, 27701 certifications and is under yearly SOC2 Type II attestation
About the Position
The goal of the Information Security team at thousandEyes is to maintain information security and privacy management systems, protect customer data, identify and mitigate security and compliance risks. Security and Privacy are our competitive differentiators!
As a Senior Product Security Architect on this team, you will speak to our customers to understand their security requirements, map them to our capabilities and drive execution.
- Partner with the Director of Security and leaders across the organization to drive security functionality of our SaaS application
- Be a change agent and understand how current and planned development activities affect confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of our SaaS application
- Work closely with our Product management and Engineering organizations to identify and prioritize security features
- Assess information security risks of new projects using risk assessment methodologies based on provided architecture. This will require practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Interface with teams across the broader Cisco security organization and surface tools and processes that we could leverage
- Keep up on the latest research and identify ways that ThousandEyes could adapt cutting edge security solutions to meet our needs
- Investigate incidents and participate in our 24x7 Information Security Response Team
- Engineering degree
- Have 10+ years of combined software development and security experience
- Experience in Information Technology and Security architecture
- Knowledge of security technologies and protocols (encryption, authentication, access control, operational security, etc)
- Knowledge of information security standards rules and regulations related to information security and data protection
- Working experience in SaaS companies
- Industry-specific certifications, CISSP
- Understanding of IaaS and networking
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.