Senior Network Engineer at Dark Wolf Solutions (Washington DC)
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work in a fast-paced development environment. The candidate will perform a wide variety of duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco and Juniper network equipment. The candidate must be capable of applying sound engineering practices, good judgment, and technical skills to achieve both short and long-term goals established by the sponsor's management team. The candidate will assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Cisco, ISR routers, ASR routers, catalyst switch, Nexus switches, Juniper firewalls, Cisco firewalls, out of band devices, environmental monitoring). The job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze customer requirements and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of varying degrees of complexity.
- Perform maintenance and upgrade of networks including routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, environmental units and networks.
- Maintain network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintain system backup and recovery capabilities.
- Proactively monitor all network devices, services, servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability.
- Maintain current knowledge and documentation of relevant technology.
- Manage and troubleshoot network connectivity throughout the organization.
- Provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Provide help desk support for network issues and respond to requests for IT support.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization.
- Provide emergency 24x7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- 5+ years of experience supporting network engineering performing maintenance and upgrades pf network including routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems (i.e. routers, switches, Nexus switches, firewalls, remote access systems, environmental.)
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues.
- Experience working with network monitoring tools.
- Experience with data center/enterprise operational maintenance support.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, TCP/IP routing, switching, firewalls and VPNs, Ethernet, DS1, T1, routing concepts and routing protocols, HSRP, VRRP, DHCP, switching, 802.1Q, STP, VLANs, EtherChannel, IP Addressing, Subnetting and VPN.
- Understanding or knowledge of cloud networking concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to work with mission partners, engineering, operational elements and vendors.
- Quick learner, detail oriented, demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Able to support on-call and after hours support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required
- Network certification to include one or more of the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP R&S)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Associate – Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIA-Junos)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist = Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-ENT)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional – Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIP-ENT)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Associate – Security (JNCIA-SEC)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Specialist – Security (JNCIA-SEC)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Professional – Secuirt (JNCIP-SEC)
Generous PTO policy
401(k) with employer match
A range of medical, dental, and vision insurance options.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flex Spending Account (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses
Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.