Senior .NET Software Engineering Lead at FM:Systems (Raleigh, NC)
FM:Systems provides workplace management technology and solutions that enable facility and real estate teams to identify, plan, and deliver the ideal workplace for every employee. Our broad solutions portfolio of software and hardware, specializing in space management and optimization, assets and maintenance, strategic real estate planning, resource scheduling, as well as projects and sustainability, empowers our clients to gain insight into how their facility space is performing, how they enhance efficiency and create an employee-centric workplace.
At FM:Systems, we have 3 guiding values around what we believe and how we behave 1) do the right thing, 2) act with urgency, and 3) cultivate a culture of excellence and accountability. We aim to offer our clients an exceptional experience with every interaction, foster innovation, and invest in our people. We provide a flexible work environment with an open time-off policy, internal mobility, and growth opportunities. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, monthly company updates with our CEO, virtual events, and more. If you’re ready to join a company that prioritizes their employees, apply today! US Citizens or Green Card Holders Only.
- Work as a lead developer to deliver the right product functionality from UI to middleware/API to database.
- Code in VB, C#, .NET, ASP, React and other languages to enhance and maintain our web application. Our application is a mix of C# and VB.
- Actively participate in our evaluation and long term implementation of technology enhancements
- Contribute substantially to the architecture and design of our applications that enable implementation of solid solutions
- Work with the team to ensure appropriate SDLC processes are followed.
- Ensure quality, performance, usability, and maintainability are built into our solutions at the right balance
- Work with other technical leaders to ensure consistency across our applications and development processes
- Communicate and coordinate effectively as a technical delivery leader within the team, across our technology teams, and with our business partners to deliver on top priorities
- Mentor other engineers, encouraging engineering best practices, demonstrating how to create effective designs and write maintainable, reusable code
- Collaborate with UX experts to evolve our SaaS applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- 8+ years experience developing in the .NET framework with ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, and Web API
- 8+ years of VB.NET or C# development experience. While the majority of coding will be in VB, we will consider candidates that do not have prior VB.NET experience
- 5+ years of MS SQL experience and ability to demonstrate strength with stored procedures, queries, tuning and debugging
- Strong experience with implementing unit tests
- Experience building and tuning RESTful APIs
- Experience producing designs to represent solutions to product and customer needs
- Experience with deployment methodologies such as CI/CD and Octopus
- A history of successfully implementing software development patterns and best practices such as dependency injection
- Ability to successfully interface with business stakeholders and engineers to deliver the right solution that balances product, quality, technical, and timeline requirements
- Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
- Demonstrated skills leading a software engineering team to successfully deliver
- Passion for mentoring junior engineers to produce elegant, maintainable technology deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter with an acute sense of ownership and the ability, passion, creativity, and confidence to independently problem solve and produce results
- Strong history of moving quality to the left including extensive unit testing experience
- Experience working with Agile development practices
- .NET Core development experience
- Working knowledge of API authorization and authentication protocols such as OAuth2 and OpenId Connect
- Experience building and consuming micro-frontend components
- Experience with React and responsive frameworks
- Familiarity with modern test tools, technologies, and analytics
- Experience using Git or GitHub
- Experience with Jira or similar tools
- Experience with Octopus and other modern dev-ops tools
- AWS deployment and hosting experience
FM:Systems is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, present, current or prospective military/uniformed service, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.