Senior IT Systems Engineer at Flyhomes
Flyhomes is a place where authenticity, equity, and innovation collide to build the world’s best homebuying experience. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
We offer brokerage, mortgage and closing services—all under one roof—to ensure our clients have an amazing experience from the moment they start to work with us, to the moment they move in, and beyond.
Real estate, mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. That’s where you come in! Whether you're our employee or our client, we believe it’s about people, not properties. From client-facing roles to technology, and everywhere in between, you’ll work alongside a diverse team who loves to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it. If you’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and more enjoyable real estate experience with solutions for every homebuyer, then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and creative Senior IT Systems Engineer to join our Flyhomes Infrastructure team!
As a Senior Systems Engineer in the Infrastructure organization, you will join the team responsible for designing, building and maintaining innovative infrastructure solutions that support the needs of our Flyhomes employees.
This role’s primary technical area is Corporate IT and automation; however, you will be involved in many of the other infrastructure projects involving deploying and integrating technologies for the global environments. You will also be responsible for choosing, building, and maintaining these mission critical services. You will build relationships and interact with various business, engineering, security, and operational teams.
What You’ll Do
- Establish close working relationships with Infrastructure Operations, Security, and Product Management
- Continually analyze and work to improve the quality of services offered by Corporate IT
- Participate with IT Management in ongoing technology evaluations and keep up with technology trends and industry standards
- Train/Mentor junior staff members as appropriate
- Operate as a technical expert on infrastructure projects pertaining to applications used by Flyhomes Employees. This includes O365, GSuite, SSO, equipment provisioning automation, AD Audit tools and certificates, Systems Management, Capacity Planning, BCP and DR
- Perform infrastructure service implementations, performance analysis and optimization, monitoring, problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and process creation and documentation
- Automation via Powershell, Python, etc.
- Ensure new Directory Service technologies are adequately tested and integrated with Infrastructure and Application Services as appropriate.
- Optimize or re-design existing infrastructure services as needed
- Ensure service availability & reliability of all infrastructure services
- Work with and guide solutions for outside consulting technical subject matter experts, as needed
- Help resolve complex IT issues in a Tier 3 capacity
What is needed
- 5+ years of design/support of Enterprise environments
- Demonstrated expertise in bringing together and uniting technologies into predictable and streamlined processes for users.
- 5+ years experience as a Domain Administrator with large Microsoft Active Directory: Designing, Implementing, Maintaining, Troubleshooting
- 4+ years of PowerShell and other scripting language experience
- Proficiency in DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Experience deploying automation related to IT provisioning, access control, and security
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Tenant for Corporate implementation
- Directory integration with 3rd Party Applications and hosted services
- Experience with mission-critical services and applications in a global enterprise environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with internal and external customers of all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure within a closely coordinated team during emergencies
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage workload with competing and shifting priorities
- Flexible, dependable and self-motivated
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused, and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate a commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid, and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!