Senior Hardware Reverse Engineer at Two Six Technologies (Washington DC)
Job ID: 354
Two Six Technologies is seeking a Senior Hardware Reverse Engineer. If you have a desire to perform cutting-edge research and reverse engineering on embedded technologies and architectures, apply today!
You will be a key player in a small fast paced team, owning your own projects and delivering results to clients. You will have access to top experts in the field with experience across a range of domains and work with them to achieve what should not be possible. You will have numerous opportunities to define your work. You should be comfortable taking on complex technical problems for which there is often no known answer.
In this role, you will work on 1-2 research and reverse engineering programs at a time. You’ll use your skillset to rapidly solve a large range of reverse engineering challenges.
If you have a passion for cyber-security and/or reverse engineering - or an interest in growing into these fields - this role will offer you extremely unique opportunities to do so.
- Create and develop novel security applications for embedded systems
- Support a wide range of new research and development projects, focusing on embedded system security
- Quickly isolate areas of interest in large complex systems
- Rapidly prototype new technologies to exploit target systems
- Perform vulnerability research on hardened systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related Scientific Domain OR 7 years of experience in the embedded security industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Linux on embedded hardware platforms and embedded systems debugging (JTAG/UART/Oscilloscopes/Logic Analyzers)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in C, C++ and Python programming languages
- Experience with wired and wireless networking protocols and hardware as well as reverse engineering experience
- Deep problem solving abilities and willingness to dive deep in unknown territories
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
Nice to have:
- An advanced degree (Masters or Ph D.) in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related Scientific Domain
- Experience as a Senior member of hardware and software engineering teams acting as a mentor to junior and mid-level engineers
- Experience working as part of small R&D teams composed of researchers, engineers, and scientists
- Firmware development experience
- RF Expertise
- Experience with Layer 1 and 2 wired and wireless protocols such as USB, SPI/I2C/1-Wire, Ethernet, PCI-Express, 802.11, Bluetooth/ZigBee.
- Hacking experience on IoT products
- An active Top Secret DoD or IC security clearance
- Eligibility for Security clearance
Two Six Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Two Six Technologies without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran, marital, pregnancy or citizenship status; or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Two Six Technologies Covid-19 Vaccination Policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated. Exceptions to this policy are only granted to those with a company-approved medical or religious accommodation. Prospective or new employees will be required to adhere to this policy and submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Two Six Technologies and require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at Two Six Technologies by sending an email to [email protected]. Information provided will be kept confidential and used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.