WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
Alo Moves is seeking experienced full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team. As a full-stack software engineer, you will work on scaling, evolving, and shaping our workout and wellness streaming service.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, to promote simplicity, and working software.
- Promote continual refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring to ensure confidence in our release process
- Actively engage in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote continual improvement.
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Become a domain expert in streaming on-demand fitness by working closely with our product managers and stakeholders.
- Senior-level engineer with 5+ years experience
- A solid understanding of object-oriented design principles and can express that understanding in code
- Familiarity with at least one full stack or backend framework like Rails (current stack), Django, Spring, or similar
- An understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles; testing and CI/CD; observability.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar industry experience.
- Experience working with streaming media or wellness verticals.
- Experience working with ad tech from an advertiser point of view (e.g. integrating conversion tracking code from SDKs and pixels, GTM, data layer, etc).
- Ability to pinch-hit with iOS or Android development.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience with or knowledge of TDD, DDD, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking out over programming languages, architecture, or other engineering topics.
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga
- Free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day in office! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment