Direct to consumer websites are built for acquisition, not reordering. We're building Repeat to help CPG brands give customers what their website can't: the fastest way to reorder from a personalized selection of products-with insights to power marketing automations so that messaging hits at just the right time.
Brands like Dr. Squatch, Olipop, and Nuun, see unique analytics and insights, increased long-term customer retention, improved conversion compared to their websites, and increased AOV.
Who We Are
Backed by Battery Ventures, Harlem Capital, and Mucker Capital, we are a diverse team that emphasizes a culture of shared ownership. Our team is our "unfair advantage" and we intentionally hire people that share their ideas in an empathetic and collaborative manner.
We foster an environment of psychological safety that encourages speaking up, sharing ideas, and asking for support when needed. Our team members span different time zones and we fully embrace remote work. We believe in checking egos at the door and working from a place of high compassion.
If you ask any of us why we love working here, you'll likely get the same answer: the people. We believe in hiring the right people for the right job at the right time and aren't looking for a certain university or brand name on your resume.
Our Engineering Values:
- Continuous delivery & rapid iteration is important, and only sustainable through continuous improvement - each PR should improve the health of the codebase. We strive to allow features and bug fixes to drive refactors.
- Low-ego and high-compassion: a developer is not their code; we strive to give the type of feedback we would hope to receive.
- Perfect code doesn't exist, but we each take complete responsibility in producing excellence - we review code thoroughly, write tests, and design architecture collaboratively.
- Deliver professional level Rails and React code on day 1
- Excellent communicator - can clearly communicate requirements, challenges, and product ideas
- A track record of creating well-tested, maintainable code
- Real-world experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails and React applications
- Experience developing RESTful APIs as well as building against external APIs
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Write automated tests
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience shipping web-based products
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Database Design
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
Check out our company page on Key Values, a website that allows engineers to find companies that align with their values. https://www.keyvalues.com/repeat
We are looking for someone willing to work inside of regular business hours in any continental US time zone.
- We take Ownership
- We believe in Radical Kindness
- We work Incrementally
- We are Resilient
- We believe in Agency
- We are Intentional
- We Build in Public
- We are Intellectually Honest
- We address Behaviors, not people
- Our Team is our Unfair Advantage
- Working at a high-growth VC-backed startup where work-life balance is important
- Budget to shop at some of our awesome brands we work with
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible working location: we're a hybrid team, so you have the option to work from home and/or work out of an awesome startup campus in Marina Del Rey
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision Insurance (covered)
- Vacation is encouraged (and unmetered)