Senior Full Stack Engineer (Browser Extensions) - US Remote at Fin.com
Fin’s mission is to help teams become better by making digital work visible and fact-based. Using Fin's insights, companies around the world are measuring and improving the way they work in ways never before possible.
By applying a big data approach to knowledge work, Fin helps companies improve workflow definition, provide better training to team members, and understand the technological and behavior variables that impact team performance, productivity and happiness.
Fin was founded by Sam Lessin (former VP Product Facebook) and Andrew Kortina (founder Venmo), and is backed by top-tier VCs like Coatue, First Round Capital, Accel, and Kleiner Perkins. Following strong customer growth in 2020, in 2021 we're accelerating investment in product development, marketing, sales, and all other areas of the business.
At Fin we live our product values, fostering a culture of continuous personal and team improvement. We're looking for candidates that are ready to do the best work of their career while actively contributing to an environment where their colleagues can achieve the same. That means an emotionally safe environment where expectations are clear and measurable, where we are vigilant about protecting your creativity against 'the way things have always been done', and where we embrace modern, asynchronous, management techniques.
Fin’s stack features a sophisticated user-facing data ingestion system. This system is responsible for gathering user-side activities (e.g.: button clicks, keyboard events, customized events, and video recordings) and transmitting them to our backend. This system includes a Chrome extension, web UI, and API layer. The Senior Full Stack Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing these components, including activities such as:
- Contributing to our Chrome extension’s architectural design, anticipating future features, balancing development velocity with quality
- Anticipating and accommodating evolving technical requirements from Google
- Establishing an automated release strategy
- Designing and implementing tools necessary to support the extension’s full lifecycle
- Coordinating colleagues’ contributions to projects involving these components
- Advocating for best practices (e.g.: UI development, testing, etc.)
- Strong sense of ownership of a project’s entire lifecycle, including architecture, coding, testing, team development, requirements definition, release procedure, etc.
- Expertise with event or actor based systems
- Comfortable partnering with product management to inform product direction
- Highly capable of self-driven research and independent work, able to coordinate work with colleagues.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, etc.), particularly around consensus-building and diagramming complex systems.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Expertise with Chrome extensions
- Familiarity with Dependency Injection
- Experience in data pipelines
- Experience with migrating a Chrome extension from manifest v2 to v3
- Expertise with Selenium
- Flair for elegant UI implementation