What we’re doing
Did you know it takes a member of congress, on average, 45 days to respond to even the most basic constituent request? We view this is as a fundamental breakdown in the UX of representative democracy and we're building a platform to fix it.
Indigov is a constituent relationship management suite for the modern representative. Our platform reduces average response times weeks to minutes for 90% of incoming messages. We have spent the last two years going through an exhaustive approval and legal review with U.S. Congress and are now live with member offices. We are expanding rapidly and need additional team members to join us in our pursuit to build the future of representative democracy.
Who we are
We are a group of technologists and entrepreneurs passionate about increasing the efficiency of representative democracy for both representatives and those they serve. We have been executives, technicians, and leaders at institutions such as U.S. Congress, Google, Dropbox, USDS, as well as large e-commerce, digital-first media, civic and gov-tech companies.
What you'll do
• Help lead technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the company
• Support key architectural decisions about the development of the Indigov stack to future proof the companies products as much as possible
• Develop full stack code to help democracy scale
• Build products, systems, and services that impact our customers and their constituencies
• Own solutions end to end, managing complexity and stakeholders directly
• Develop applications inside of Zendesk's product ecosystem leveraging their developer APIs
• 4 - 10 years of experience
• Typescript, React and Node JS experience
• Experience building responsive web apps
• Experience designing system architecture in AWS
• Specific experience with Zendesk would be amazing but a general level of comfort developing in a well-documented service architecture like it is ideal
• Security clearance is a plus but not required
• Previous experience with software development for government clients/agencies is a plus but not required
• Experience in tech startups is a plus
Technologies we use
• Zendesk APIs (Support, Sunshine, etc)
• Zendesk Apps Framework
What makes an ideal candidate
• Passion. Building beautiful products that take complex tasks and make them feel simple and intuitive
• Accountability. In a small team of early employees, it is crucial that we all own the outcome and quality of the work we do. The buck always stops with you!
• Grit. Working with government can be challenging in ways that startups frankly aren’t, but the scale and importance of the problems we are solving more than make up for it. We are looking for folks that share that mentality.
Working at Indigov
• Competitive salary, equity, healthcare, and 401k
• High-degree of autonomy, flexible remote work, and unlimited PTO
• Drive technical direction of the company and help improve the efficacy of the U.S. government
• Equal opportunity employer
Read Full Job Description