Senior Front-End Software Engineer - Web Engineering Architecture Team at Qualtrics (Provo, UT)
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?Company Description
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! We’re a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment.The Challenge
We’re looking for a senior Front-End Software Engineer with strong front-end and full-stack development skills to work on our Web Engineering Architecture team, which develops the platform that allows our global marketing team to communicate the value proposition of Qualtrics to the world. We are starting an ambitious project to redesign the platform and transition to a new CMS, which will involve rewriting all the front-end and back-end infrastructure, and defining new workflows and deployment processes. You will have a big impact on many people and departments through this critical work.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Building out and maintaining web systems and platforms to support Qualtrics.com - including our CMS platform, front-end components, developer toolkits, localization systems, deployment systems, and asset management tools
- Consistently iterating on www.qualtrics.com sites across the world, testing and improving to communicate better and attract more customers. Creating that platform that supports the beautiful web pages that draw in users and pique their interest in what Qualtrics offers.
- Collaborating on corporate web strategy: designing, testing, and implementing site improvements, and making this a world-class site.
- Providing the online registration and check-in and on-the-ground support for wildly successful X4 conferences worldwide and other online events.
- Expanding Qualtrics sites into new worldwide markets to meet growth opportunities.
- Continuous architecture improvements as demand grows and complexity increases for our systems
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure a smooth project delivery process.
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web-based solutions to solve complex business problems, using the latest front-end technologies.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end component libraries that drive complex web applications.
- Design and develop the infrastructure and tooling that allows seamless content delivery to our customers.
- Work with the Marketing team and other platform users to understand needs, propose features, build early prototypes, and transform them into exciting end-consumer features.
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team and across teams.
- Advise management on software development priorities, risks, and required effort level.
- As an engineer at Qualtrics, you are more than a developer. In addition to building, you test to make sure your work does not introduce customer pain, you put mechanisms in place to make sure the team knows if features aren’t behaving as expected, and you own delivering what you build to customers.
- Understanding of modern web standards and best practices including semantics, progressive enhancement / graceful degradation, accessibility, and responsive web design
- Experience developing flexible and reusable CSS, especially in the context of CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Strong understanding of WordPress, Contentful, Contentstack, or other CMS systems is preferred (not required)
- Experience with AWS services is preferred (not required)
- Experience with Agile development principles and frameworks (such as SCRUM)
- Ability to execute independently on complex projects that exceed expectations under time and resource pressure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, source-control repositories, test automation, and build / deploy systems)
- Experience with A/B testing and feature experimentation
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines using WebPack, Gulp, Babel, Sass / LESS
- Strong UX design sense
- Experience optimizing for mobile with responsive design practices
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our office’s design, aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and reciprocal work space.
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.), we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.