Senior Front-end Engineer at Akido Labs (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:14 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
As a senior front-end developer on the Akido Applications Engineering team, you will be involved, in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients. The majority of your time will be focused on new feature design and development, as well as architecture and optimization, but you'll also be expected to lead your peers by example and mentor more junior engineers joining the team. Your domain expertise and computer science instincts will help to solve a range of problems facing individual modules and multi-system integrations.
What you'll do...
- Work closely with our product management and design teams to define feature specifications and build products for our healthcare and government customers
- Collaborate with Engineering, DevOps and Platform teams to build front end and mobile experiences that integrate with back-end microservices and APIs
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end component libraries
- As a senior individual contributor, take a leading role to build and improve Engineering @ Akido, by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, modeling high standards and mentoring junior developers, and generally ensuring high quality of our codebases and operational excellence.
What you have...
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with an emphasis on front-end dev, design and architecture
- Experience building large-scale mobile/ web applications and services
- Experience with Node.js, Typescript, HTML, CSS
- Understanding of how to build performant, decoupled, testable, maintainable code
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, source-control repositories, test automation (e.g. Jest, Cypress), and build / deploy systems)
- Experience with A/B testing and feature experimentation
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines such as WebPack, Gulp, Babel, Sass / LESS
Nice to haves...
- Full-stack experience helpful
- AWS, Kubernetes
This is a remote based contract role (pacific timezone preferred)
Akido is a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use Akido to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2022 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
More Information on Akido Labs
Akido Labs operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA. Akido Labs was founded in 2015. It has 201 total employees. To see all jobs at Akido Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description