Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be a key member of the Hardware team shaping the way we develop our products. Both an exceptional technical engineer and self-starter, you are able to design, execute, and test complex embedded features on a range of platforms from bare metal, RTOS, and Linux, to mobile OS and cloud.
This role will help build the next-generation Hardware platforms for Motive. You understand how to design and develop modular software features in a collaborative environment and agile team. This role offers immense career advancement and the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology.What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop high-performance firmware and software for cutting-edge embedded platforms.
- Debug, optimize, and validate firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Develop automated and unit-level functional testing to validate designs.
- 4+ years of experience in embedded platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including the development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code
- Embedded experience or familiarity with 1-2 or relevant technologies: embedded processors, GPUs, WiFi/BT, cameras, IoT, CAN (Controller Area Network).
- Strong experience with data analysis concepts and languages (Python, SQL, R, etc..)
- Vehicle telematics, OBD-II, or vehicle diagnostics experience is a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.