Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started…
We’re currently looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join Rhino’s team. In this role, you would:
- Be proactive in identifying and clearing roadblocks for the team
- Support and optimize our agile software development processes
- Be an active participant in and contributor to the hiring process for roles within and adjacent to their team
- Ensure tasks are completed as specified without micromanaging
- Hire and mentor Software engineers - focus on developing their careers, setting guidelines and sharing best practices, and providing hands-on coaching
- Mentor and support new Engineering Managers
- Scale yourself by delegating effectively
- Have a strong mental map of your team member’s strengths and weaknesses, and support the team accordingly
- Engage with key stakeholders across the organization, understand their needs, and refine scopes of deliverables as necessary
- Interact with vendors and partners as needed for project execution. Identify potential risks and mitigation strategies as they arise.
- 3+ years of experience managing Engineers or other Engineering Managers
- 7+ years of experience in the field of software engineering.
- Experience operating autonomously, leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting with senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Proven ability to break down and execute on complex business-critical requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal, and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.