About the role:
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will lead major software engineering initiatives at Papaya. You will be responsible for all aspects of engineering management, including hiring, retention, performance, coaching, driving technical decisions, and establishing/working towards deadlines and milestones. Success in this role requires managing and growing a team of software engineers, driving projects to success, and communicating effectively up and down the organization. Papaya is growing fast in 2021, and this role will be equally fast-paced with great opportunities for growth. Help build a team that supports our mission to alleviate the stress and anxiety of paying bills.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Manage and help prioritize multiple projects
- Support and mentor engineers, empowering them to make effective decisions
- Support teams during technical discussions ensuring a balance of speed of delivery and Engineering Excellence.
- Enable your team to deliver impact by removing roadblocks
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to rollout complex systems
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager of fast growing teams
- Success in delivering full stack products
- Experience with technologies including AWS, git, microservices architectures, and mobile development
- Track record of growing and mentoring engineers
- Ability to prioritize strategic initiatives with day-to-day deliveries
- Great communication skills and ability to share constructive feedback within and outside the team
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2021 and 2022! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.