Senior Engineering Manager - Identity at The Walt Disney Company (Remote)
At Hotstar, we have 300 million users and capture close to a billion click stream messages daily. The engineering team at Hotstar is at the center of the action and is responsible for creating an unmatched user experience. Our engineers solve complex real-life problems and create compelling experiences for our customers.
In this role, you will build large distributed systems to process and stream video at scale and drive all user aspects. As a Director for the team, you will develop platforms and tools that deliver personalized recommendations to 150+ million users. You will work on building storage solutions and microservices that serve recommendations at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You will develop tools that serve recommendations to our users in real-time. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible - if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Contribute substantially to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- Proficient with either Java or GoLang
- 7+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java with micro web frameworks - like Play, Spring MVC, reactive programming
- At least 5 years managing software development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
- Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Experience/Knowledge of Netflix OSS.
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Experience with AWS stack.
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
To learn more about our team, check out the following blogs : https://tech.hotstar.com/