Senior Engineer I - Platform Core at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that you and your peers will love.
The team owns and operates an internal platform for deploying the ever growing number of microservices that make up the DigitalOcean cloud. The platform is built on top of Kubernetes and responsible for deployments of large (hundreds of cores and hundreds of GB of memory) and small (fractions of a cpu and MB of memory), servicing internal customers from all across the company in clusters all across the world. We internalized the DigitalOcean mission "and apply that same principle of simplicity to how engineers interact with that platform.
You will build solutions that provide DigitalOcean engineers with a robust and comprehensive set of primitives for bringing a service from development to production. We believe that by providing the right set of tools and automation our engineering teams can focus on shipping innovative products to our customers faster and more reliably.What You'll Be Doing:
- Developing, evaluating, and deploying software to provide automation and modern tooling around our internal software delivery pipeline, which consists of solving problems such as:
- Deployment, Orchestration, Secret management, Service discovery, Continuous Delivery
- Implement Kubernetes resources such as webhooks and controllers
- Operating and scaling the platform for the rapidly growing demand for it while maintaining optimal performance
- Partnering with various engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent developer workflow spanning from development to production
- Participating in reviewing code, helping evaluate implementations, and providing feedback about potential improvements
- Expertise with at least one of the programming languages such as Go, Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- You are passionate about shipping well engineered and tested code
- A desire to build systems to help your fellow engineers deliver their software to production more quickly and reliably
- Familiarity with building, debugging, deploying, and operating an application in a distributed system
- Kubernetes at Organizational Scale
- Delivering Services At DigitalOcean
- Global Container Networks on Kubernetes at DigitalOcean
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!