Senior Director, Product Support Engineering at Pure Storage
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE..
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Service Logistics, the Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will be responsible for the strategic development and on-going management of Pure’s global repair strategy in collaboration with Pure Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Assurance, Testing Engineering and Service Logistics Planning.
Key elements of the repair strategy will be:
- Optimization of service inventory through effective product refurbishment capabilities
- Minimization of logistics costs through partnerships with strategically located repair vendors (domestic and international)
- Standardization of test procedures and operating policies across all vendors in alignment with Manufacturing test policies and procedure
- The gathering of failure information to improve product quality and enhance overall test capabilities
- Proactive contribution to the New Product Introduction and Lifecycle Management processes to enhance product serviceability, promote common platforms and minimize the cost to support Pure products
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will collaborate with the Global Service Logistics (GSL) Leadership, Technical Services, Product Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Quality Assurance and Test Engineering teams to establish Pure’s global outsource repair strategy.
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will be responsible for the implementation, on-going management, and development of Pure’s repair capabilities to support Pure’s continuing business growth.
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will collaborate with the GSL Field Engineering Management team to provide technical assistance with the development of Field Engineer training and certification programs
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will develop and lead a high-performance team of Product Support Engineering professionals. S/he will be responsible for defining the team’s strategic direction, providing them with industry leading tools and ensuring their on-going educational requirements are met.
In collaboration with the GSL Leadership team, Technical Services, Manufacturing Ops/Quality teams, the Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will be responsible for the selection and on-going management of Pure’s outsource repair vendors. Where it makes business sense, such a repair vendor may be the same vendor that is used by Pure Manufacturing for production.
The Senior Director of Product Support will also collaborate with Corporate Purchasing to determine well qualified repair vendors candidates. A Request for Proposal (RFP) process shall be used to select the best candidate(s), negotiate contract terms and pricing.
In collaboration with Manufacturing Ops Test Development and Engineering, the Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will be responsible for the development, manufacture, installation and maintenance of the test equipment along with the associated test specifications, scripts, procedures required by Pure’s repair vendors to refurbish Pure products.
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will be responsible for the development of “train the trainer” training materials for Pure’s repair vendors and its delivery to their senior engineering teams. The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will audit the repair vendor’s training records to ensure that only trained technicians refurbish Pure products.
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will collaborate with the Director of Service Logistics Planning to align repair capabilities (product and vendor locations) with demand forecasts and plans to optimize Pure’s inventory requirements, repair and logistics costs.
The Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will publish monthly/quarterly metrics that capture the effectiveness of the repair vendor capabilities along with any corrective actions and quality initiatives.
- Five (5) plus years in a Senior Leadership position within a Product Support Engineering organization for service parts within the high-tech industry..
- This is a technical position and a minimum of ten (10) years of Product Support Engineering experience is required.
- BS in a relevant Engineering degree
- BS in Business Administration or equivalent is advantageous
- Extensive experience managing global outsource repair vendors such as Cokeva, Tech Data, Flex, etc.
Experience using Agile, Oracle or SAP.
- Comprehensive experience using MS Office or Google Docs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are required to be able communicate effectively with Pure Senior Management.
- Due to the global nature of Pure’s business, the Senior Director of Product Support Engineering will be expected to travel extensively as required.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.