Senior DevOps Engineer at LiveAuctioneers (Provo, UT)
| Provo, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:14 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 14, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
About the opportunity:
The Senior DevOps Engineer helps to reduce release time to production and strengthen Site Reliability Engineering tools (SRE). You will be working primarily on the DevOps process, which includes managing applications on AWS ECS and EC2. You will be integrating with many other technologies like Github, CircleCI, Golang, Terraform, etc., and several in-house utilities. You will establish working relationships with one or more teams, assisting in the development cycle for any required changes to the tools & processes needed to get a product released into staging and production environments.
This full-time role offers flexibility of fully remote or a hybrid work option.
What your contributions will be:
- investigate performance, infrastructure, and process failures, and facilitate continuous improvement.
- work with development and product teams to ensure processes progress all the way through to maturity.
- use your strong background in Linux to write bash scripts and troubleshoot Linux issues.
- help maintain reusable CI/CD pipelines – collaborating across teams to improve build, integration, and release processes.
- architect new solutions and DevOps platforms that will lead to higher levels of efficiency and security.
- partner with development teams to ensure that their deployment infrastructure is fully automated.
- create and maintain an automated testing environment.
- troubleshoot effectively, applying a logical and systematic search for the root cause of a problem.
What you will need for success:
- 5+ years of experience in distributed cloud-based software development, with a strong automation mindset.
- passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, and the company.
- an ability to be highly responsive and flexible to meet deadlines.
- hands-on experience deploying services on AWS, ideally on ECS.
- experience with automation processes, Deployment processes, and platform support using TerraForm.
- experience utilizing Infrastructure as Code, CircleCI, and DevOps standard methodologies.
- experience monitoring using Cloud Watch, DataDog, or similar services.
What we offer you:
- flexible hybrid work environment
- generous medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- paid maternity/paternity leave
- free memberships to OneMedical, HealthAdvocate, Teladoc & Talkspace
- commuter benefits
- fertility and Family-building care through Kindbody
- retirement Planning with a 100% company match on the first 3%
- wellness Wednesdays (focus time)
- regular catered lunch, snacks and beverages
- employee stock purchase plan
More Information on LiveAuctioneers
LiveAuctioneers operates in the Other industry. The company is located in New York, NY. LiveAuctioneers was founded in 2002. It has 83 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Paid Holidays, Company Outings. To see all jobs at LiveAuctioneers, click here.
Read Full Job Description