LiveAuctioneers is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind items, rare collectibles and coveted goods. Our ever-changing online catalogues have included everything from Banksy prints and first-edition Harry Potter books to Garth Brooks' tour bus and rare Hermès Birkin bags. Last year, LiveAuctioneers processed $7.4 billion in bids, connecting millions of the world's most knowledgeable collectors with 7,000+ vetted, professional sellers of extraordinary, previously owned items.
Founded in 2002, LiveAuctioneers is a technology innovator in resale marketplaces and was the first to introduce mobile bidding, video-streamed auctions, ratings and reviews, and more, to the online-auction industry. In its continuing role as a pioneer in the buying and selling of exceptional items, LiveAuctioneers is now developing FinTech and SaaS solutions that empower small auction business owners to be influencers in the “passion economy” and build a loyal following. You have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in taking market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, GrubHub and 1stdibs from niche websites to household names.
The Senior DevOps Engineer helps to reduce release time to production and strengthen Site Reliability Engineering tools (SRE). You will be working primarily on the DevOps process, which includes managing applications on AWS ECS and EC2. You will be integrating with many other technologies like Github, CircleCI, Golang, Terraform, etc., and several in-house utilities. You will establish working relationships with one or more teams, assisting in the development cycle for any required changes to the tools & processes needed to get a product released into staging and production environments.
This full-time role offers a hybrid work option, meaning that you can work from both your home and our office, located in Lehi, Utah. Our Engineering team works onsite every Tuesday; however, the office is open Monday through Friday for those who would like to come in more often.
- investigate performance, infrastructure, and process failures, and facilitate continuous improvement.
- work with development and product teams to ensure processes progress all the way through to maturity.
- use your strong background in Linux to write bash scripts and troubleshoot Linux issues.
- help maintain reusable CI/CD pipelines – collaborating across teams to improve build, integration, and release processes.
- architect new solutions and DevOps platforms that will lead to higher levels of efficiency and security.
- partner with development teams to ensure that their deployment infrastructure is fully automated.
- create and maintain an automated testing environment.
- troubleshoot effectively, applying a logical and systematic search for the root cause of a problem.
- 5+ years of experience in distributed cloud-based software development, with a strong automation mindset.
- passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, and the company.
- an ability to be highly responsive and flexible to meet deadlines.
- hands-on experience deploying services on AWS, ideally on ECS.
- experience with automation processes, Deployment processes, and platform support using TerraForm.
- experience utilizing Infrastructure as Code, CircleCI, and DevOps standard methodologies.
- experience monitoring using Cloud Watch, DataDog, or similar services.
LiveAuctioneers is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, beliefs, and backgrounds, and recognize that people come with a wealth of knowledge and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) are provided to all LiveAuctioneers employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Diversity of experience and skills, combined with passion, is key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the interview process.
More Information on LiveAuctioneers
LiveAuctioneers operates in the Other industry. The company is located in New York, NY. LiveAuctioneers was founded in 2002. It has 83 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Paid Holidays, Company Outings. To see all 8 open jobs at LiveAuctioneers, click here.
Read Full Job Description