Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS) at Elementary (Remote)
As seen in Forbes, TechCrunch and VentureBeat.
Elementary delivers a full-stack, AI-driven visual inspection solution for a wide variety of global manufacturers such as Toyota and Milwaukee Tool. Leveraging computer vision, edge computing, and cloud-based machine learning models, Elementary's proprietary platform is leading the way for massive change in automated manufacturing.
Our mission is to make manufacturing more efficient and less wasteful through scalable, automated, data-driven products that support strained quality inspection teams who continue to experience massive labor shortages due to the ever-expanding demand for manufactured goods. Our goal is to inspect 100% of products coming off of production lines, reducing manufacturing defects and eliminating costly and dangerous recalls of products that ultimately wind up in consumers hands.
We are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, with an office in Mexico City. Remote work is available for this position.
“There are few trillion dollar markets like manufacturing, and watching the execution level of the Elementary team to land and expand with global, Fortune 200 companies has been extremely exciting to be a part of.” - Mo Islam, Elementary Board Director and Partner at Threshold Ventures.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a focus on cloud infrastructure and site reliability engineering to integrate with our software engineering teams and scalably deliver meaningful features for our customers!
- Develop and deploy an end-to-end application infrastructure in AWS (EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, RDS, Lambda, SageMaker, etc.) using configuration management (such as Ansible or Puppet) and cloud orchestration tools (such as CloudFormation or Terraform)
- Gather requirements, analyze, design, develop, test, provision, administer, and optimize AWS workloads and services
- Automate deployments in AWS using cloud orchestration tools (such as CloudFormation or Terraform) and work with our CI/CD pipeline (using CircleCI)
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, patching, security remediations, and optimizations
- Implement logging, monitoring, and recovery mechanisms for production environments
- Design and improve deploy processes to minimize downtime and deploy time
- Provide engineering support of production and non-production environments
- Implement and deliver security best practices for the software engineering organization
- Collaborate with backend and architecture teams to design scalable solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in DevOps
- Proficient with AWS administration, including EC2, ECS, EKS, S3, RDS, Lambda, SageMaker
- Proficient working as a member of a software engineering team utilizing strong version control, unit testing, CI/CD
- Proficient with build tools, such as CircleCI, Github Actions, Jenkins, or Travis
- Proficient with configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Puppet
- Proficient with cloud orchestration tools, such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Proficient with Docker and/or other containerization techniques
- Proficiency with scripting, such as Bash, Python, or PowerShell
- Desire to take ownership of projects and deliver solutions
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Compensation package including competitive salary and early-stage equity
- Medical and Dental insurance benefits
- Flexible Vacation Policy (3-4 weeks)
- A team culture focused on inclusivity, curiosity, personal and technical humility, ownership, and work/life balance.