Senior Developer C# .NET at Verisk (Remote)
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
Verisk ISO are currently looking for a senior software developer to join our existing development team. The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands industry best practices and has experience of developing enterprise level applications. They are a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills and are able to communicate the logic behind their decisions to non-tech stakeholders. The successful candidate will work with product management and data analyst teams in support of Verisk GI Underwriting UK's roadmap.
The role will include some leadership of other developers and there is opportunity for future development and further leadership within the business for the successful candidate
- Design and build systems primarily using C# .NET Core;
- Taking ownership of delivery of features from inception through to production on multiple projects
- Compiling and analysing data, processes and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Conducting code reviews and ensure ongoing improvement in code quality
- Support and maintain existing systems that others have written
- Work closely with product managers to discuss requirements, limitations and capabilities
- Ensure adherence to coding standards in own code
- Monitor and lead junior/mid-level team members to ensure adherence to coding standards
- Act as a mentor and coach to ensure quality and positive collaboration across team
- Support senior software developer in leading a high performing successful team
- Adopt and promote Agile development methods and test-driven development
- Document technical specifications and diagrams
- A strong commercial development background in C# .Net technologies;
- Experience with relational DB's like SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- A good understanding of UI frameworks such as Vue.js, Angular or React (preferably Vue.js)
- Demonstrate experience of developing customer-facing web applications and APIs with an emphasis on data and security
- Experience in AWS Cloud Platform - EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB
- Proven experience of managing/mentoring junior team members
- Ability to liaise with the development team, third party stakeholders and the wider business
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice