Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about solving complex cloud infrastructure challenges for our customers.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer with expertise in cloud infrastructure to support the acquisition of high-value customers. Reporting to the Manager of Solutions Engineering, the Solutions Engineer will work directly with the Sales functions to exceed DigitalOcean's revenue targets in the AMER (United States, Canada & Central/South America) region. The Solutions Engineer will be the technical subject matter expert on DigitalOcean's portfolio, advising on best practices and guiding customers to the optimal solution to meet their business objectives. The Solutions Engineer will work closely with other functions within DigitalOcean such as Product, Engineering and Operations to ensure the needs and insights from the local markets are funneled appropriately.
This is an amazing growth opportunity for a highly motivated individual to establish and expand our presence within the region. Technical depth, excellent communication skills and a self-starter mentality are needed.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a solution engineer, you will serve as a technical partner to the sales team. You will perform discovery calls, proof of concepts, demos, uncover customer technical needs and demonstrate DigitalOcean's value proposition. Working with your sales counterpart, you'll help acquire new customers and expand technical relationships with existing customers .
- Develop deep expertise on the DigitalOcean product portfolio and the evolving Cloud landscape
- Drive adoption from new customers as a key part of the business expansion process through technical consultation and guidance on best practices.
- Diagram and plan infrastructure architecture to support specific use cases, and comfortably explain in detail
- Work directly with Customer Success to ensure expansion and retention of businesses as they build on top of our cloud.
- Liaise with Engineering and Support teams to ensure customer escalations and obstacles to growth are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Conduct presentations clearly articulating DigitalOcean product benefits and functionality.
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation such as The Navigator's Guide to DO
- Provide technical training to enable our teams and our partners.
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions, drive technical best practices within the organization, and communicate customer feedback and trends into the product lifecycle process
- Work both independently and collaboratively with a Global team of highly talented Solutions Engineers
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Proven professional experience with cloud infrastructure experience, or equivalent education
- Deep knowledge of Linux and distributed systems
- Programming/development experience
- Experience working in a pre-sales / technical consultant role
- Knowledge of provisioning and deployment strategies and tools
- Passionate about customer experience
- Track record of developing successful technology solutions to business problems for clients
- Ability to balance the demands of multiple stakeholders, define priorities and set appropriate expectations
- Passionate about technology and open source projects
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Highly motivated with a self-starter mentality
- Cloud certifications are highly desired
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant
- DigitalOcean: API, libraries, services
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees . The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here